Aim of the Course
By pursuing a course in Bachelors in Computer Application course the candidate is trained in the various areas like basics in programming, networking, various application packages etc. On completion of the course the candidates opt for either higher studies or jobs. It is important that these candidates have a sound knowledge (i.e. Conceptual knowledge) so as to be successful in their career.
Future working field
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post Graduate Programme in Corporate Studies (PGPCS)
- MBA in Information Technology etc.
- Job prospects are available in various areas like programming, networking, system administration etc.
- There are many companies which specialize in these areas like Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, Larson and Turbo, Hindalco, Microsoft etc.
- These include Banking sector, Telecommunication sector, Dairy Sector etc. It is important to select the job based on the profile interest.
- Government Jobs for BCA Graduates: Many govt. IT companies are hiring BCA graduates, you can directly apply for jobs on the website, some of the popular government companies who are hiring are BSNL, MTNL, NSDL, BHEL.
- The opportunities available after completion of Masters Course are higher. On gaining experience they can reach higher positions in their career.
- Understand the nature of the software development process, including the need to provide appropriate documentation.
- Be able to program fluently in one or two programming languages.
- Understand the major programming paradigms and be able to learn a new programming language in a fairly short time.
- Understand standard techniques for solving a problem on a computer, including programming techniques and techniques for the representation of information.
- Be able to recommend a technique for a specific problem to meet a particular objective.
- Understand the basic theory of computer architectures, including computer hardware and networking.
- Understand the importance and the nature of operating systems and compilers.
- Understand how information technology affects society, business and the individual, both from a technical and from an ethical and legal point of view.
- Be able to effectively communicate with persons who are not technically versed in the subject.
Loyola College, Vettavalam,
India. Pin: 606 754
College Office : 04175-244 744
: 04175-244 944
Principal : 04175-244 288
Secretary : 04175-244 844
Residence : 04175-244 433
Fax : 04175-244 288 : 04175-244 744
Rev Dr. Maria Joseph Mahalingam, S.J
Secretary & Correspondent,
Loyola College, Vettavalam.