LIBRARY - INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
The books are arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) whose main classes are as follows:
- 000 – 099 : Generalities
- 100 – 199 : Philosophy and Psychology
- 200 – 299 : Religion and Theology
- 300 – 399 : Social Sciences
- 400 – 499 : Philology & Linguistics/Languages
- 500 – 599 : Natural Science & Mathematics
- 600 – 699 : Technology (Applied Science)
- 700 – 799 : Fine Arts
- 800 – 899 : Literature & Rhetoric
- 900 – 999 : History and Geography
- WEEK DAYS : 08.00 am – 04.00 pm
- Extended Hours : 04.30 pm – 06.30 pm
Book Issue Timings
- 11.45 pm – 12.05 pm
- 01.55 pm – 04.00 pm
- The Library has over 12,818 books and subscribes to more than 20 periodicals.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Silence & Care of Books
- Complete silence must be observed in ARIVAGAM at all times, as it will provide a conducive atmosphere for serious study.
- Damages done to library books and journals (writing or marking or tearing or disfiguring or taking them out of the library without due permission) will be treated as a serious offence. If anyone loses or damages a book, he/she should inform the Librarian and bear the loss.
- All Library transactions must be done in person. Only books from the stack are given out. No volume is to be taken out of the reference section.
- Lending of books can be allotted under the category of following users.
NO. OF BOOKS
|Teaching Staff||5||One Semester|
- However, all the books must be returned on time and renewal can be made when no one else requests the same book.
- All members (staff and students) must return all the books for the end-of-the semester checking. Defaulters will be fined, or deprived of library privileges.
- Back issues of the current year of any journal (i.e., not the current issue, nor a bound volume) can be borrowed from the Library. While borrowing, the same rules will be applied as we have for the books. Hence, no current issue of any journal should be taken away from the Library.
Access to the Reference & the Stack Section
- Access to the stack is restricted to the teaching and the library staff only. However, the other members are also permitted inside the stack during book-Issue timings
- We trust each library user to be honest and to look after the books and journals. Kindly cooperate with the library staff and do not bring books, magazines or bag into the library. If you have any such items, please leave them in the shelf at the entrance.
- Bibliographical details the Library Books & Periodicals are available in database.
- Students can easily search their choice of the books and the articles from periodicals through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) from software package (Rovan).
Loyola College, Vettavalam,
India. Pin: 606 754
College Office : 04175-244 744
: 04175-244 944
Principal : 04175-244 288
Secretary : 04175-244 844
Residence : 04175-244 433
Fax : 04175-244 288 : 04175-244 744