AICUF (All India Catholic University Federation)
- The All India Catholic University Federation (AICUF) is a Student
movement all over India.
- In 1924, this movement was started in St.Joseph’s College,
Tiruchirappalli by Rev. Carty SJ.
- Later it spread its wings all over India and now it operates in 14 states of
India. In Tamil Nadu, it functions in more than 50 colleges.
AICUF Unit in Loyola College, Vettavalam.
- This functions as the local unit of the All India Catholic University
Students Federations (AICUF).
- The AICUF started functioning in 2013.
- It renders service to all the students in the College.
- It consists of the Program In-charge, office bearers, and elected
Aims and Objectives
- To enable students to develop the critical world view.
- To cultivate a deep and genuine concern for the oppressed and
- To commit themselves to the task of building a new and just society.
- To help students evolve spirituality that has humanization as its core,
through involvement and reflection.
- To enable Christian students to play a prophetic role in their
communities through a critical understanding of their faith, drawing
inspiration from the Gospels, the Eucharist, and their prayer life.
- It spreads social awareness through various programs on social issues.
- It helps the students cultivate leadership quality.
- It encourages religious harmony and equality among the students.
- It fights for the rights of Dalits, Tribals, Refugees, and Women in
particular and it fights for constitutional rights.
- It participates in State level meetings and seminars.
- It commemorates and remembers days, events, and the leaders of our
nation who fought for the rights of the marginalized and especially the
Loyola College, Vettavalam,
India. Pin: 606 754
College Office : 04175-244 744
: 04175-244 944
Principal : 04175-244 288
Secretary : 04175-244 844
Residence : 04175-244 433
Fax : 04175-244 288 : 04175-244 744